Protection of intellectual property
- To provide the informational, consultative and methodological help and legal support to members of the Association in protecting their trademarks, company names and other intellectual property objects;
- To represent the professional, legal, economic and other interests of the Association members in the bodies of state power and other organizations of Belarus, Russia, Kazakhstan and other countries, both within the structures of the Eurasian Economic Union and other international organizations.
- Promotion of national brands;
- Advocacy in favour of national rightholders on modern integration platforms (United Economic Area, Customs Union, etc.)
- Formation of the policy of responsible use of intellectual property;
- Creation of a professional discussion platform and atmosphere of constructive cooperation on issues of security and protection of intellectual property;
- Improvement of awareness and educational level of practical use of intellectual property.
Chairman of the Association
Taipov Albert Gainanovich, born in 1963, is married and has two children. He has a higher special military education, and a second university diploma (in the legal sphere) received in 1996 upon the graduation from the Belarusian State University. From 1980, he took his service in the armed forces, law enforcement bodies and units of special forces in the territories of Russia and Belarus. Since 1993, he worked as a legal adviser and the head of legal services in a variety of Russian and Belarusian enterprises, including the "Agroprombank" of Russia and structures of the Open Joint-Stock Company (OJSC) "Gazprom".
Mr Taipov has extensive experience in tax administration and financial management. Since 2007, he is engaged in protecting the interests of rightholders of trademarks, by setting up an efficient interaction with law enforcement, customs and tax authorities in the efforts to stop supplies to Belarus of counterfeit products (of such trademarks like the Johnnie Walker, Baileys, Smirnoff, Bacardi, Martini, Dewar's, Hennessy, L'Oreal, Nivea, Lacoste, Chanel, Ambi Pure, Kiwi, etc.). He actively participated in the establishment of the law enforcement and judicial practices concerning violations of intellectual property rights.
Since August 2010, Mr Taipov is the Chairman of the "BelBrand" Association for Intellectual Property Protection. In its activities the "BelBrand" Association is closely cooperating with the Eurasian Economic Commission. The Chairman of the "BelBrand" Association Albert Taipov is a member of the Advisory Committee on Intellectual Property and of the Working Group on drafting proposals on the further application of the principle of exhaustion of the exclusive rights on intellectual property objects under the Collegium of the Eurasian Economic Commission. His overall work experience in law-related profession is more than 20 years. He has been representing his clients' interests in courts of various jurisdictions of Russia and Belarus in more than 500 cases.